Training and Workshop (2017-18)
Sophisticated Analytical Instrumentation Facility
Department of Anatomy
All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi - 110029
National training programs in biological electron microscopy for scientific investigators and laboratory technicians 2017-2018
1. 33rd Scientific Investigators Training Program (November 20- December 2, 2017)
The training course offers comprehensive laboratory training on the specimen preparation, imaging and analysis techniques related to SEM, TEM and IEM. The course offers a unique curriculum of classroom lectures by experienced scientists and laboratory practicals with an opportunity to discuss daily topics/problems with instructors in a relaxed atmosphere.
Eligibility: Ph.D/MD or M.Sc. Degree in Life Sciences with 2-3 years of research experience in relevant field. The applicant should state clearly the nature of the research project in which he/she is involved (in 200 words) and why training in Electron Microscopy is necessary for pursuing further research.
2. Summer Training program in electron microscopy (May 15-June 25, 2018)
This 6-week course is specially designed to train the participants to be well versed in specimen preparation, ultramicrotomy, operation and maintenance of TEM and SEM, and digital imaging.
Eligibility: Laboratory/Technical staffs /students/ scientists working in Govt. Institutions/National laboratories/ EM laboratories/Universities.
Fees for Training Programs
Scientific Investigators Training Program: Rs.7500
Summer Training program: Rs. 7500
NOTE: THE COURSE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE BOARDING AND LODGING. THE SELECTED CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ARRANGE FOR THEM WELL AHEAD OF THE TRAINING.
Interested candidates may apply with a passport size photograph (must) giving the following detail:
(3) Postal address (add e-mail ID & mobile no.)
(5) whether belonging to SC/ST/OBC
(6) Educational qualifications indicating year of passing and marks obtained
(7) Present affiliation
(8) whether in permanent/temporary job, along with a letter of recommendation from the present employer and the 200 word write-up of present work/research interest.
The application should reach on or before August 31, 2017.
Electron Microscope Facility,
Department of Anatomy, AIIMS,
(Fax: 26588663; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)